Friday, April 15
Job announcement: Marketing Manager
Position Title: Marketing Manager
Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) facilitates and disseminates music research worldwide. It is committed to the comprehensive and accurate representation of music scholarship in all countries and languages, and across all disciplinary and cultural boundaries. RILM’s flagship publication, RILM Abstracts of Music Literature, is a comprehensive international bibliography of writings on music covering publications from the early 19th century to the present. RILM Abstracts of Music Literature with Full Text is scheduled to be launched in 2016. RILM Music Encyclopedias, a full-text repository of music encyclopedias, was launched in December 2015. In late 2016, in partnership with the publishers Bärenreiter and J.B. Metzler, RILM will release MGG Online, which comprises the 2nd edition of Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart along with new and substantially updated content. RILM is a joint project of the International Association of Music Libraries, Archives, and Documentation Centres (IAML); International Council for Traditional Music (ICTM); and the International Musicological Society (IMS). For further information, please visit www.rilm.org.
Overview: RILM seeks a Marketing Manager to create and execute RILM’s marketing activities across all its products, as well as to oversee sales and subscription activities, and product support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute RILM’s marketing campaigns and public relations (including website design and revisions, social media, search engine optimization, email and direct mail campaigns, exhibits, etc.).
- Oversee sales activities and subscriptions for existing and planned products and services.
- Proactively work with aggregators on customer communications and sales
- Direct RILM’s Subscription Manager activities and goals.
- Assist product managers with publisher relations.
- Develop both print and digital press releases, catalogs, fact sheets, competitive analyses, webinars, and other promotional collateral to optimize RILM’s product visibility in print and electronic forums.
- Play key role in developing training materials, FAQs, and other marketing materials about RILM products.
- Organize customer feedback and suggestions for product enhancements and improvements and communicate these ideas to appropriate teams.
- Plan and support outside product advisory teams and other market research programs, competitive intelligence efforts, and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee all logistics, plan RILM’s presence, and some travel likely to represent RILM at sales forums, possibly at academic conferences.
Minimal Qualifications, Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Cross training to serve as back-up on other business development and product communications activities, including aggregator relationships, royalty quoting, reporting and analysis, and customer and content provider relations.
- Participate in and work closely with product teams.
- Create and deliver in-person and online presentations on RILM Products and Services to various audiences and arrange for them to be available on the product section of the website.
- Participate in other special projects as assigned.
- Applicant must have direct professional experience in public-facing roles, including ability to work under pressure in deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelors degree with minimum of four years of professional experience.
- Extensive writing, proofreading, editing and promotional marketing skills (press releases, online catalogs, fact sheets, social media, advertisements, etc). Writing samples will be required and a proofreading exercise will be administered during interviews.
- Must have solid knowledge of at least one foreign language (preference: German or Spanish) and wide cultural familiarity and/or sensitivity.
- Conscientious and meticulous, with a proven ability to operate at a consistently high level producing quality, detail-oriented work.
- Academic and professional background in music scholarship and/or music librarianship, and/or experience marketing products and services to libraries and other academic institutions.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with integrated enterprise-wide content management systems and MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, FrontPage, and PowerPoint).
- Highly motivated and strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work independently under pressure.
- Advanced degree from ALA-accredited institution and/ or experience in electronic publishing preferred.
- Experience developing innovative product marketing messages for core audiences.
- Experience in defining and implementing social media and inbound marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of NetSuite or comparable CRM software.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Basic XHTML and CSS skills.
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing products in developing countries.
Full-time, exempt. RILM’s official work week is 35 hours, but time requirements fluctuate with projects, and more than 35 hours each week is common. Some travel is likely.Salary:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.Contact:
Please send cover letter, résumé, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org