The authoritative German-language music encyclopedia, Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart (MGG), is now available as a dynamic online database under the title MGG Online. Its Editor-in-Chief, the renowned musicologist Laurenz Lütteken (Zurich), is collaborating with an editorial board of internationally respected musicologists, the MGG editorial department, and authors around the world to update and add new content on a continual basis. MGG Online has been created, financed, and implemented by the publishers Bärenreiter (Kassel), J.B. Metzler (Stuttgart), and Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (New York).
MGG Online features:
- Complete content of the second edition of Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart, plus continuous updates, revisions, and additions
- Authoritative, comprehensive coverage of all fields of music studies
- Over 19,000 articles written by more than 3,500 authors from 55 countries
- Powerful platform with the most advanced search and browse capabilities
- Easy toggling between current and older versions of each article
- Automatic translation from German to over 100 languages via Google Translate integration
- User accounts where annotations and notes can be created, saved, and shared
- Cross references linking related content throughout MGG Online
- Links to related content in RILM abstracts of music literature
- An interface compatible with mobile and tablet devices
For further information, including trial and subscription information, contact email@example.com.